Thursday, October 16, 2008

Bareboat BVI - Welcome Aboard




Welcome aboard... just launching this blog for all who sail (or dream of sailing) the azure blue water and visit the unique anchorages of the British Virgin Islands. Novice sailor or veteran cruiser, all are welcome here. I would love to get your opinions on your favorite places in the BVI. And I would like this to be a place where questions about bareboat charter sailing, especially in the BVI, get discussed and answered.


I just got back from 10 days Sept 2 - 12. It was weird being there when almost everything was closed. (Hurricane Season). We were the only boat in Cane Garden Bay... and the only visitors to the Baths when we went through. But we got some great photos, a few of which I will post. You can see more of the photos at Mike Howard's website below.
Visit my website http://http://www.howtobareboat.com/
Tell your sailing friends about this blog...

5 comments:

Foster Fanning said...

Good start, I too am a sailor and just launched my 1st blog in October. Thought it would be fun to follow along with yours to see how it's going.
Foster

mmittman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mmittman said...

I can't say how delighted I am to see how Nautical Bob is sharing his wealth of knowledge and kindness with others interested in sailing vacation. Bob introduced me, and at that time soon to be wife, to the world of Bareboat Charter Sailing (you're own skipper and crew). WOW! is all I can say! Nautical Bob gave me the knowlege to make the trip so great to the BVI, I actually completely forgot that I had a "real life" back in the States. After cruising the islands for a week, following Nautical Bob's tutalidge (sp?), I was completely imersed ....snorkeling, beautiful beach spots, island hikes, sailing, beach parties with steel band, lobster on the grill, desert on the boat under magnificant stars ....I could go on and on and on. It comes to this, my wife and I have been married for nearly 12 years, and still make sure to take time a get away with friends to sail the caribbean waters at least every other year. I didn't know it at the time, but Nautical Bob gave me a life long gift, teaching me about sailing, and perhaps unknowingly to him, how to really stop and enjoy life with those most near and dear to you in such magnificant places you can only truly appreciate from your own chartered sailboat. Thank you Nautical Bob! Michael & Greta, Dallas, TX

beachlover3006 said...

Is sailing as much fun as riding my motorcycle? Maybe someday I'll find out!

robert said...

i am head to the BVI in a few weeks! im trying to plan the trip a bit. could any sailor tell me if it is a reasonable sail from virgin gorda north sound to cane garden bay around the north side of tortola. im not sure if its too long a sail for a day. or could you stop for a snorkel at monkey point along the way?
many thanks
2